The Wallace County Impound Lot holds vehicle's for our office and the Kansas Highway Patrol. If you are wanting to get a vehicle out that was impounded by the Wallace County Sheriff's Office or the Kansas Highway Patrol, please contact our office at (785)852-4288, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (313 Main St, Sharon Springs, Ks).
Impound Fees: The following fees will be assessed to vehicles impounded by the Wallace County Sheriff’s Office. Daily rates will begin to be assessed on the vehicle once it has become eligible for release, having no law enforcement holds, and will be incurred at 4:00pm (MST) each day if the vehicle is still impounded.
$50 Impound fee, plus cost of tow
With additional applicable fees of:
1) $25 Daily rate for passenger vehicle
2) $50 Daily rate for Semi Tractor
3) $50 Daily rate for Semi Trailer
N. Release: Prior to the release of a vehicle, the following requirements must be met:
1. Records check performed ensuring clear NCIC
2. Proof of valid Insurance and Registration and valid Driver’s License must be provided, and copies shall be placed in the vehicle’s file to be retained by the Wallace County Sheriff’s Office.
3. Registered Owner has approved the release.
4. Impound Fees must be paid in full.
5. Impound fees may be lowered at the Sheriff’s discretion for extenuating circumstances.
Concealed Carry Informational:
The Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act, which permits the carrying of concealed handguns by licensed Kansas citizens, became law on July 1, 2006. The first licenses were issued in January 2007. Applicants for the concealed carry license must acknowledge that the permit is being obtained for personal protection.
Applicant Requirements: Concealed carry license applicants must be:
- 18 years of age;
- A citizen of the United States;
- A resident of Kansas for six months prior to application, and;
- A resident of the county where applying.
Concealed Carry Signage
Concealed handguns may be prohibited on certain properties by placing appropriate signage in a visible location at the entry of the premises. For complete signage details, and to download the appropriate graphic, visit the Concealed Carry page on www.ksag.org.
- Must complete an 8-hour weapons safety and training course and obtain a certificate of completion from a certified instructor.
- Processing the application and issuing the license approval takes a minimum of 45 days, but by law cannot exceed 90 days.
- The county Sheriff will fingerprint the applicant and forward the entire packet to the Attorney General for processing.
- Fill out a 4-page application form and attach a 2"x 2" passport type color photograph.
- Acquire a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the county Sheriff ($32.50).
- Submit in person the completed application with photo, training certificate, and checks to the Sheriff in the county of residence.
Step 1: Complete the online application and print a copy.
Step 2: Take the application copy with required items to the sheriff's office to complete the application process. *Appointments must be made in order to meet with the Sheriff or Undersheriff to complete this process.
Step 3: Upon approval of the application, you will be directed to pick up your Concealed Carry license at the local drivers license station.
Concealed Carry Kansas regulations - FAQ, statutes, information for active duty military personnel & more!
The Kansas VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and/or e-mail notification when the offender's custody status changes. The VINE toll-free number is (866) 574-8463. This service is provided to assist victims of crime who have a right to know about their offender's custody status.
Click here to access the Kansas VINE system.
VIN Inspections are done at the Sheriff's Office only on Tuesday's and Thursday's 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. or by appointment.
Sheriff's Office CAN NOT do inspections for Antique, Classic, Salvaged, or Rebuilt vehicles. If your vehicle meets any of the above, please contact Kansas Highway Patrol at 785-827-4930.
ITEMS NEEDED TO BRING WITH YOU:
· Original Title or Certified Copy (Can be obtained at Wallace County Treasurer's Office.
· Valid Driving License or ID Card
· $20.00 EXACT CASH ONLY, or Check
· Vehicle must be present
If there are questions regarding these things, please call the Sheriff's Office at 785-852-4288.
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation Registered Offenders- https://www.kbi.ks.gov/registeredoffender/
- Kansas Road Conditions- https://www.kandrive.org/
- Kansas Attorney General Concealed Carry- https://ag.ks.gov/licensing/concealed-carry
- Kansas Protection Order Portal- https://www.kspop.org/
- Kansas Highway Patrol- https://www.kansashighwaypatrol.org/
- Goodland Weather Service- https://www.weather.gov/gld/
List of Approved Inmate Items –
ALL items must be in new, unopened condition and the list of approved items is subject to change at the discretion of the Wallace County Sheriff.
• 2 Travel Size Toothpaste
• 2 Travel Size Deodorant
• 1 Toothbrush
• 1 Travel Size Lotion
• 2 Chapstick
• 2 Travel Size Shampoo
• 2 Travel Size Conditioner
• 1 Palm Brush / Comb
• 1 Box Tampons or Pads
• 1 Non-Alcoholic Mouthwash
• 1 Rx Glasses / Contacts & Contact Solution
• 1 Package White Socks
• 1 Package White Underwear
• 1 Sweat Pants, Gray
Food / Snack Items: (All items must fit into a 12"x18"x10" box)
• None Perishable / Refrigerated Snacks (Must be individually wrapped)
• 1 Case Bottled Water
• No more than 12 bottles of any kind of beverage; 32oz bottles or smaller
• NO energy drinks.