On November 25th, 2021 the Wallace County Sheriff’s Office conducted an undercover drug operation. This operation concluded with one suspect being arrested for the following charges.
- Unlawful Distribution of a Controlled Substance a severity level 3 drug felony. This controlled substance was at least 3.5 grams but less than 100 grams of Cocaine.
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with intent to Distribute. A severity level 3 Drug Felony. This controlled substance was at least 3.5 grams but less than 100 grams of Cocaine.
- Unlawful Use of Communication Device. A severity Level 8, Nonperson Felony. The Communication Device was a cell phone.
- No Drug Tax Stamp a Severity Level 10 Nonperson Felony. This was for possessing at least 1 gram of Cocaine without a drug tax stamp affixed.
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia a Class B Nonperson Misdemeanor. The drug paraphernalia was a blue snort tube.
The suspect in this case was identified as Rolando Gonzalez of 1585 Ox Town Drive Tribune Kansas.
Rolando Gonzalez was booked into the Wallace County Jail and later released on Bond.
On March 17th, 2022 Rolando Gonzalez went before Judge Scott Showalter in Wallace County District Court. At this court hearing Rolando Gonzalez pled Guilty to count 1 Unlawful Distribution of a Controlled Substance in exchange counts 2,3,4 and 5 were dismissed. Rolando Gonzalez also agreed to a sentence of 47 months to be served with the Kansas Department of Corrections. Rolando Gonzalez will be formally sentenced on April 14th, 2022.
On April 14th, 2022 Rolando Gonzalez went before Judge Scott Showalter and was sentenced to 47 months with the Kansas Department of Corrections for the Distribution of a Controlled Substance namely Cocaine, and placed into the Wallace County Jail.
On April 21st, 2022 Rolando Gonzalez was transported to the Kansas Department of Corrections facility in Eldorado Kansas to serve his sentence.
Marshall Ray Unruh
Sheriff Wallace County, Kansas